Friday, January 15, 2010

Counting my Blessings

When one spends time in a Children's Hospital, one realizes how fortunate they are. If you have never had the opportunity to spend sometime in a Children's Hospital, a Specialty hospital, or a clinic, talk a walk, look around. If you want to feel sorry for yourself, check out the environment, the ill children, cancer, missing pieces, so many things. I learned early on, that just about when I really wanted to feel bad about not having a "normal" child, I just needed to look around and count my blessings. Just when you think you got it bad...there is someone else who has it much worse. So, it's that get a grip moment. A stop feeling sorry for yourself moment. A thank you God moment. Somehow, I think those same people were probably looking around saying the same thing, because every child is special. They may even been looking at me and saying the same thing...gosh, I am lucky I am not them. I am sure we have all learned from what we have been given and along with everyone else, realize, we are the lucky ones.

2 comments:

  1. Diane-
    I love these stories...what a great way to write about them!!! let me know what I can help with and if you want a header like mine with pictures. :)
    www.oxboroughchaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    Yes, I would like a header...how do you do that??

    ReplyDelete